The links below describe many of the services we provide to our patients. The resource for this information is RadiologyInfo.org (www.radiologyinfo.org)- Patient information about radiologic procedures and the role of radiologists in healthcare. Concise, accurate descriptions of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic radiology procedures, how each is performed and what patients might experience.
- Learn more about the physician who is reading your studies, either by clicking on the link above to find out about the education and certification requirements of radiologists or
- Learn about the physicians from West County Radiology Group by going to the PHYSICIANS (by last name) or the PHYSICIANS (by subspecialty) tabs on the left.
- Mammography: Read about screening and diagnostic mammograms, including the uses, preparation, benefits, risks, and limitations.
- Galactography: Read about this special type of mammogram of the milk ducts.
- Breast Ultrasound: Read about ultrasound imaging of the breast and why it is such a valuable diagnostic tool.
- 3D Breast Ultrasound: Read this article from HealthImaging.com regarding the benefits of 3D breast ultrasound, which is available at some of the facilities where we do our readings.
- Breast MRI: Read about the uses of breast MRI, as well as the preparation and description of the procedure.
- Ultrasound-Guided Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
- Stereotactic Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
- MRI-Guided Core Biopsy: Find out the difference between ultrasound-guided, stereotactic and MRI-guided breast biopsies.
Get more information about the Breast Radiologists at West County Radiology and go the Links page for other websites with helpful information. You can also read about breast cancer therapy offered by our Radiation Oncologists.
THE REMAINDER OF THIS PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION, AS WELL AS SOME OF THE LINKED PAGES: WE ARE WORKING ON THIS AND HOPE TO HAVE EVERYTHING UP SHORTLY.